A compact and well equipped stud farm within easy distance of Newmarket
Stud House • Pair of semi-detached cottages
32 boxes with foaling unit • Sheltered post and rail paddocks
Horse walker • Lunge Ring
In all around 45 acres (18 hectares)
Pair of semi-detached cottages
32 boxes with foaling unit
Sheltered post and rail paddocks
In all 42 acres
Guide Price: Offers in excess £1,550,000
Introduction Swynford paddocks is at Six Mile Bottom off the main road into Newmarket from London. It is ideally placed for Tattersalls , the training grounds and yards of Newmarket and the outstanding veterinary facilities. The stud is surrounded with mature hedges, post and rail fencing and dotted with established trees. The facilities are well presented and practical, the paddocks are free draining and well laid out with good tracks and avenues of mature trees reaching the furthest points. The three separate units of accommodation on the site ensure that there is plenty of housing for a stud manager as well as stud hands.
Description (Numbers refer to the plan on page 5)
1. Stud House A detached three bedroom house of around 1600 square feet which has been extended to provide suitable housing for a professional stud manager or an owner. The house is well positioned within the stud being surrounded by paddocks and with views towards the entrance and main yard to the rear. The house comprises entrance hall, study, sitting room, dining room, kitchen/ breakfast room, utility room, bathroom and 3 bedrooms.
2. Stud Cottages A pair of semi-detached cottages each comprising entrance hall, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, shower/bathroom and two double bedrooms.
Stud Buildings 3. Main Yard (19 boxes) Located close to houses, the main yard comprises a courtyard of brick and block-construction boxes. There are a total of eight large foaling boxes, eight smaller boxes, feed store, tack room, mess room and veterinary inspection room. To the rear of the courtyard there is a lean-to which houses a further three internal boxes.
4. Horse Walker Near the main yard is a covered five bay horse walker.
5. Foaling Unit (7 Boxes) Well separated from the main yard, the foaling unit has seven large boxes, sitting up room and a separate WC. The boxes have heat lamps and there is CCTV.
6. Lunge Ring
7. Traditional Boxes (2 Boxes) A timber frame building housing two large boxes and a store.
8. Hay Barn 18m x 9m. A steel portal frame building
9. Isolation Unit (Not shown on plan) The isolation boxes are away from the main yard and are in a traditional range of timber construction, comprising four boxes and a store room. The unit is fenced off independently for security and bio-security purposes.
Paddocks The stud has 12 well fenced and free draining paddocks giving a total of around 36 acres of paddock land. These are accessed by good tracks and avenues that can be easily accessed from any vehicle.
General Remarks & Stipulations Method of Sale The property is offered for sale freehold as a whole. Offers may be considered on any part. A purchaser interested in any specific part should contact the selling agents at an early stage indicating the area of specific interest.
Tenure and Possession Vacant possession will be given upon completion. The stud farm is currently let and notice has been served on the tenant. If the purchaser would prefer the tenant to remain they should make the agents aware.
Wayleaves, Easements, Covenants and Rights of Way The property will be sold subject to and with the benefit of all existing wayleaves, easements, covenants and rights of way whether or not disclosed but specifically: (i) The property is subject to overage provisions. For further information please contact the selling agents. (ii) The owner of the neighbouring property has a right of way with or without vehicles at all times and for all purposes along the track. The purchaser(s) will be deemed to have full knowledge and have satisfied themselves as to the provisions of any such matters affecting the property.
Boundaries The vendors and the vendors’ agents will do their best to specify the ownership of boundaries but will not be bound to determine these. The purchaser(s) will have to satisfy themselves as to the ownership of any boundaries. Should the property be sold in lots then the selling agents will stipulate boundary responsibility between the vari-ous parties.
Plans, Areas and Schedules Plans attached to the particulars are based upon the Ordnance Survey National Grid and are for reference only. The purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves of the land as scheduled.
Authorities East Cambridgeshire District Council, Nutholt Lane, the Grange, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4PL (01353 665555).
Council Tax Stud House Band E £1,874.44
Viewing All viewings will be by appointment with the agent Windsor Clive International 01672 521155
Fixtures and Fittings Only those fixtures and fittings described in the sales particulars are included in the sale.
Energy Efficiency Ratings Stud House E No 1 Cottage F No 2 Cottage F
Postcode CB8 0UE.
Photographs The photographs in these particulars were taken in June 2013. Any fixtures and fittings or equipment shown in the photographs are not necessarily included in the sale.
VAT In the event that Value Added Tax is or becomes payable in respect of the property or assets sold the purchasers in addition to the consideration will pay to the vendors the full amount of such Value Added Tax.
Directions (Postcode CB8 0UL) From the A11 (London) take the A1304 exit towards Newmarket, go over the level crossing and Swynford Paddocks is on the left after two thirds of a mile. From Newmarket take the A1304 towards London, Swynford Paddocks is on the right after 5 miles.
From the A14 (Cambridge) take the A1303 at junction 35, after a mile take the right hand turn, signed Little Wilbraham and Six Mile Bottom. After 2½ miles turn left, signed Newmarket, A1304 and Swynford Paddocks Stud is on the left after 700 metres.