ALBERT HOUSE STABLESSold
A stylish, compact training yard finished to the highest specification at the foot of Warren Hill
Cambridge 13 miles • Stansted Airport 32 miles • Junction 27 M25 49 miles
The Lodge: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, Dining Room, Kitchen, Sitting Room, Office and Owner’s Room
Stable Flat: 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, Open plan Kitchen/sitting room
Staff Flat: 4 bedrooms, bathroom, shower room and Kitchen/Sitting room
Training Yard of 23 boxes
3 bedroom house
2 bedroom trainer's flat
4 bedroom staff flat
Racing Tack Room
Separate access to the Bury Road
Guide Price: £1,350,000
Location: On the Bury Side, at about 250 yards from Warren Hill and between the Moulton and Bury Roads; Albert House Stables is exceptionally well located. Newmarket is the headquarters of British horseracing and is the largest racehorse training centre in the country with two racecourses. The range of facilities include 2,500 acres of gallops. Newmarket is also home to Tattersalls (Europe's leading Bloodstock Auctioneers) as well as some of the most outstanding veterinary practices and equine hospital.
There is excellent access to the A14 and A11 (M11), Stansted Airport is 32 miles away and Cambridge and Ely have direct trains to London.
History: Dating from the mid 18 Century; Albert House has been home to Bruce Hobbs, Billy Walters and Giles Bravery. The current owner has invested heavily in the refurbishing and construction of accommodation and stable blocks. Under the current ownership the winner of the 2017 Group 2 Coventry Stakes was produced from Albert House.
Albert House Stables: Approached from the Moulton Road, through automated double timber gates, Albert House stables is a courtyard of red brick.
To the left of the entrance is:
ALBERT HOUSE: Built in 2014 of new red brick under a slate roof, with views overlooking the yard and modern features for extensive hospitality. Approached from the yard the terrace leads in to the:
Kitchen/Breakfast Room, with dual aspect, tiled floor, breakfast bar, fridge freezer and built in electric oven, microwave and hob with extractor fan hood:
Utility Room, with a door opening to a courtyard set back from Moulton Road as well as a tiled floor, sink, washing machine, tumble dryer and WC;
The Owners' Room has its own bar and is accessed either from the utility room or directly from the yard.
The Dining Room has a timber floor and windows looking out on to Moulton Road.
The Hall with staircase and cupboard below housing broadband equipment.
The Sitting Room also has timber flooring, a fireplace and bay window.
The Office has windows overlooking and access to the yard.
Main bedroom suite: Overlooking Moulton Road and ensuite bathroom with bath, basin, WC and shower. The bathroom is also accessed from the landing.
Bedroom 2 at the top of the stairs has a dual aspect and an ensuite bathroom with shower, WC and basin.
There are 2 parking spaces set back from Moulton Road.
STABLE FLAT: At the back of the yard and above a row of boxes, with ground floor access, is the spacious Stable Flat designed for the trainer or senior assistant which has:
Good sized Kitchen/Sitting room with views over the yard, ceramic hob and extractor fan hood, built in oven and washing machine, built in dishwasher and sink.
Bathroom with bath, shower, WC and basin. There is a good sized linen cupboard housing the gas boiler and a storage area above the bath.
There are two bedrooms, both overlooking the yard.
STAFF ACCOMMODATION: Above the 5 box range, this newly converted flat has entrance hall/ boot room; 4 bedrooms, sitting room/kitchen; bathroom, shower room and 2 further WCs.
THE OFFICE: To the right of the entrance, are stairs up to the Office, with Racing Tack Room.
THE TRAINING YARD: (see block plan) At the centre of the yard is a covered 5 bay horse walker, with horse weighing scales beside it.
1. Row of 8 brick boxes with Monarch stable fronts, bucket hooks and anti weave grills.
2. An internal row of 5 partitioned Monarch boxes with swivel mangers, anti weave grills and bucket hooks. Above is the 4 bedroom Staff Flat. (described above).
3. An internal row of 6 partitioned Monarch boxes with swivel mangers, anti weave grills and bucket hooks. There is loft space above.
4. Row of 4 brick boxes with Monarch stable fronts, bucket hooks, anti weave grills and ground floor access to Stable Flat, (described above) on the first floor.
5. The feed store is behind a roller door in the North Eastern corner of the yard and through it is a lockable door is the tack room, with WC, medicine cupboard and washing and drying machines.
At the back of the yard is an automated timber gate with access to the Bury Road A1304, under the current ownership this has been used the removal of manure as well as feed and bedding deliveries.
Method of Sale: The property is offered for sale by private treaty as a whole.
Tenure and Possession: The property is freehold.
Wayleaves, Easements, Covenants and Rights of Way: The property will be sold subject to and with the benefit of all existing wayleaves, easements, covenants and rights of way whether or not disclosed. The purchaser(s) will be deemed to have full knowledge and have satisfied themselves as to the provisions of any such matters affecting the property in particular.
Services: Mains electricity, water, gas and drainage.
Fixtures and Fittings: The fixtures, fittings and equipment may be available to purchase at a reasonable valuation; however they are not necessarily included in the sale of the property.
Local Authority: West Suffolk District Council, College Heath Road, Mildenhall, Suffolk IP28 7EY (01638 719000).
Planning: The occupation of both the lodge and the stable flat is limited to a person or persons wholly or mainly employed upon the bloodstock establishment.
Parts of the traditional yard are Grade II listed, a copy of the listing order is available from the agents.
EPC Rating: C
Council Tax: (2020/21)
Albert House: Band E: £2,261.22 (2020/21)
The Stable and Staff Flats are to be assessed.
Business Rates: The rateable value is £23,000. The rates for 2020/21 are £11,477. The current multiplier for small businesses is 49.9p in the £, however this below the current threshold for the payment of Business Rates.
Access to Gallops: Apply to Jockey Club Estates Ltd. For details of the access to the gallops: 01638 664151 www.jockeyclubestates.co.uk
Health and Safety: When viewing please be aware that Albert House Stables is a working property with horses and prospective purchasers should not enter boxes unless accompanied by the agent or a member of staff.
VAT: In the event that Value Added Tax is or becomes payable in respect of the property or assets sold assets sold the Purchaser(s) in addition to the consideration will pay to the Vendor the full amount of such Value Added Tax.
Energy Performance Certificates: Both the Lodge and Stable Flat have an Energy Efficiency Rating of C, Energy Performance Certificates are available from the agent upon request.
Viewing: All viewings will be strictly by appointment through the agents: Windsor Clive International: 01672 521155 firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions: POSTCODE CB8 8DU From the clock tower roundabout, take the B1063/Old Station Road, signed Clare/Moulton/Tattersalls, after 30 metres take the first left at the Shoes on to Moulton Road and Albert House Stables is on the left after 40 metres.
Windsor Clive International give notice to anyone who may read these Particulars as follows:
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact or that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Windsor Clive International nor any of its employees have any authority to make or give any representation or warranty in relation to the property.
3. Any reference to alteration to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending purchaser.
4. The plan included with these particulars is for identification purposes only and is based on the Ordnance Survey. Where revisions have been made by the Agents a full land survey has not been carried out, consequently where enclosures have been divided or altered, the position of the new boundaries together with the plotting of any new or altered building and any other information, whilst believed to be basically correct, are indicative only.