CHANTILLY EQUESTRIAN CENTREFor Sale
An Exceptional Equestrian Centre Close to Chantilly
Sport horses, racing, trotting, breeding or polo
4-bedroom manager’s house
14 guest and staff apartments
32 boxes in 3 yards
Tack and feed rooms
Horse walker, etc
Spectacular 78m x 35m indoor arena with clubhouse and kitchen
3 superb sand arenas of various sizes
All-weather cross-country course
Oval gallop of 800m
In all 24ha (59.65 acres)
Guide Price: On application
The Equestrian Centre was originally set up by Olympic showjumper Janou Lefèbvre, and was used as a base by other famous riders, including the Brazilian legend Nelson Pessoa. Later owners included the Courrèges family and it is now being offered for sale on behalf of a group of enthusiasts who have invested significantly in bringing the facilities up to an exceptional standard. This is the quintessential private operation, perfect as a base for teams of professional riders.
In a beautiful location by the River Nonette, which flows in channels through the property, with 24ha of level land, The Equestrian Centre is suitable for a variety of equestrian uses. Not only is it close to one of the smartest horse racing centres in Europe, but also it is only 7km from the polo complex at Apremont. The flat oval track could be widened to suit trotters and there is every facility for the sport horse, whether showjumping or eventing.
In the commune of Gouvieux, and next door to Chantilly, Paris is easily reached by road or train, and the airport can usually be reached in half an hour. The A1 allows quick access to the showjumping and dressage competitions of Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany.
This is a rare opportunity to purchase an exceptional property for horses of the highest grade.
Manager's House with reception room, kitchen, dining room, sitting room with fireplace, cloakroom, 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
Further Accommodation comprising:
• 5 apartments each of 40-60m² for riders/grooms, fully renovated and furnished
• 5 Studios fully furnished
• 4 staff apartments
Offices - an office and a reception area to welcome guests.
Land - 24ha 14a 18ca in all (59.65 acres)
• Numerous paddocks
• Oval sand gallop of 800m with a Toubin & Clement surface
• Main jumping arena, 100 x 50m with a sand surface
• L-shaped sand arena, with a Toubin & Clement surface
• Flat work sand arena
• A spectacular slate roofed indoor arena 78 x 35m with a Toubin & Clement surface. This includes a clubhouse, kitchen cloakrooms and stores.
• Full cross-country course on a sand surface with water jumps and lake.
• Some areas of the property may be suitably zoned for further construction.
Stabling - 32 boxes divided into 3 units:
• The Stable Barn - 14 boxes, 1 tack room, 1 shower and 1 feed room
• The Traditional Boxes - 10 boxes, 1 tack room, 1 shower and 1 feed room, with accommodation above.
• The Bergerie - A charming self-contained stable barn with a groom's flat, refurbished in 2011, with 8 boxes, a tack room, storage a shower, and a fully furnished apartment for a groom and 6 turn out paddocks. This is extremely popular with visiting riders.
• High quality covered horse walker for 8 horses built in 2009
• Horse treadmill
• Video surveillance (CCTV 18 cameras)