THE LOWER STUDSold
Exceptionally well located and practical small stud farm
Newmarket 2 miles. Cambridge 15 miles. London 62 miles. Stansted Airport 34 miles
Pair of semi-detached cottages (one of c.1,109 sq. ft. and one of c.1,236 sq. ft.)
Yard of 22 boxes
6 turnout pens
Around 35 acres of paddocks
In all around 37.7 acres
Guide Price: £1,000,000
THE LOWER STUD
Lower Yard Cottages, 2 Newmarket Road, Snailwell CB8 2LL
A pair of semi detached cottages (one about 1,100 sq ft, the other about 1,230 sq ft). Each with porch, staircase hall, kitchen, 2 reception rooms, 3 bedrooms and bathroom. Each has a store with WC, and a good garden
The Lower Yard
A self contained stable yard suitable for stud farm or racehorse training purposes (James Fanshawe started his training career in the Lower Yard).
• 22 stables, partly of timber and partly of block, under a tiled roof. Veterinary examination room with stocks. There is also a tack room; and by the yard is a separate WC block.
• Muck heap
Well fenced (some of the railings have been replaced in the last 2 years) and hedged paddocks on mainly level ground over chalk.
All the paddocks have water troughs.
Method of Sale:
The property is freehold subject to the occupations shown below.
The Vendors and the Vendor's agents will do their best to specify the ownership of boundaries but will not to be bound to determine these. The purchaser(s) will have to satisfy themselves as to the ownership of any boundaries.
Occupancies, EPCs and Council Tax:
No 1 Lower Stud Cottages is let on Assured Shorthold Tenancy. If the purchaser requires vacant possession of these the Vendor is prepared to serve notice on exchange of contracts. Details of the tenancy are available from the agents.
Both Cottages have an EPC rating of E and a council tax band of C with £1,529.39 being payable for each for 2019.
Fixtures and Fittings
These will be included in the sale.
Mains electricity and water, septic tank drainage and oil fired central heating.
East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Nunholt, Ely, CB7 4EE
Tel: 01353 665555
The rates of the individual properties are yet to be assessed.
Town and Country Planning:
95% of the property should be kept as a whole. A deed of of variation for a 1988 section 52 agreement has recently been entered into. A copy is available from the agents.
Strictly by appointment with either Windsor Clive International (01672 521155) or Savills (01223 347274).
Health & Safety: When viewing, please be aware that Snailwell Stud is a working property with horses and prospective purchasers should not enter boxes or paddocks unless they are with a senior member of stud staff.
Plans, Areas and Schedules:
The plans and the areas displayed have been prepared for information and illustrative purposes only and their accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
Energy Performance Certificates:
These have been prepared and copies are available from the agents on request.
In the event that Value Added Tax is or becomes payable in respect of the property or assets sold the purchasers in addition to the consideration will pay to the vendors the full amount of such Value Added Tax.
The photographs in these particulars were taken in June 2015 and September 2018. Any fixtures and fittings or equipment shown in the photographs are not necessarily included in the sale.
These have been prepared by Nichecom on behalf of the agents. These are for information only and specifically no guarantee is given in respect of the measurements nor the total square footage marked on the plans. Any figure is for guidance and should not be used as a basis for valuation.
(Post Code: CB8 7LL)
From Newmarket take the Snailwell Road for around 2 miles, the entrance to the Lower Yard is on the left shortly after the British Racing School by the cottages.
Windsor Clive International and Savills give notice to anyone who may read these Particulars as follows:
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact or that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Windsor Clive International or Savills nor any of their employees have any authority to make or give any representation or warranty in relation to the property.
3. Any reference to alteration to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending purchaser.
4. The plan included with these particulars is for identification purposes only and is based on the Ordnance Survey. Where revisions have been made by the Agents a full land survey has not been carried out, consequently where enclosures have been divided or altered, the position of the new boundaries together with the plotting of any new or altered building and any other information, whilst believed to be basically correct, are indicative only.