WINDSOR HOUSE STABLESTo Let
One of the most prominent and historic yards in Lambourn
Hungerford 8 miles • M4 Junction 14 5 miles • Newbury 14 miles
4 Bedroom Trainer’s House
Equine Swimming Pool
Guide Price: £48,000 per annum
Windsor House Stables are at the foot of Hungerford and accessed from Crowle Road with easy access to Mandown and particularly the 7 furlong Folly Road Fibresand.
Windsor House Stables has an unrivalled and extraordinary history, having been occupied many notable trainers including: James Peace, Sir Charles and Sir Hugh Nugent, Tom Rimell, Syd Mercer, Peter Walwyn, Bryan Marshall, Roger Charlton, Nicky Henderson, Ralph Beckett and currently Harry Dunlop.
The Trainer's House:
A three bedroom house of around 1,800 square feet, is well placed to oversee the yard with a good sized sitting room with access to its own garden.
The Training Yard:
(Numbering corresponds to the block plan)
1. The trainer's house
2. Trainer's and racing office, Owner's room, WC and drying room
4. Row of 16 boxes
5. Rug room, Feed room and Tack room with electric water heater
6. Muck Heap
7. 3 bay storage barn and horse weighing scales
8. Row of 9 boxes
9. Equine swimming pool
10. 6 bay horse walker
11. Self-contained Lower yard of 26 boxes with veterinary store and racing tack room.
12. Lunge Ring
13. Trotting Ring of half a furlong around.
Mains water, drainage and electricity, the trainer's house has mains gas fired central heating.
Directions: (RG17 8NR) From the M4 Junction 15 take the A338 North towards Wantage for 500 metres before turning left at the Hare on the B4000. After around 3 miles turn right at the Hare and then continue for around 2 miles before turning left on to Crowle Road, after 100 metres Windsor House Stables is on the right.
A summary is as follows:
Type of Lease: A commercial lease excluded from the security provisions of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
Term: 5 years, with both Landlord and Tenant have a 6 month break clause allowing the lease to be terminated after the 18 month point on suitable notice.
Repairs and outgoings: The tenant is to maintain the buildings, look after the paddocks and to pay for all services, rates and council tax.
Insurance: The landlord will insure, reclaiming the premium from the tenant.
Deposit: Two Month's rent
Rental Guide: £30,960 plus VAT per annum for the Yard and £16,880 per annuum for the Trainer's House.
A total of £47,840 per annum (excluding VAT on the yard) payable monthly in advance.
Rights of Way: The landlord will have a right of way over all common areas.
Council Tax - Band F, £2,680.98 Payable 2018/19.
Business Rates - Rateable Value £38,000, Rates Payable £19,152
Local Authority - West Berkshire Council, Council Office, Market Street, Newbury, RG14 5LD.
Vacant Possession: The current tenant's lease expires after 1st October, a new agreement will be able to commence at any after time after this date.
Windsor Clive International give notice to anyone who may read these Particulars as follows:
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair
description of the property but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact or that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Windsor Clive International nor any of its employees have any authority to make or give any representation or warranty in relation to the property.
3. Any reference to alteration to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending tenant.
4. The plan included with these particulars is for identification purposes only.